Our mythology giveaway of last month went so well that I thought I should make it a regular fixture on this blog. This month, we’ve brought together four authors of horror and psychological suspense.
Like before, there are five bundles of these four books up for grabs, for five lucky winners.
Scroll down to the end of the post – after all the descriptions of the books and their authors – to see how you can participate in this giveaway.
Book 1: The Persecution of Madhav Tripathi (by Aditya Sudarshan)
Aditya Sudarshan is a full-time novelist, an occasional writer of plays and scripts, and a regular critic of our literary establishment. He’s a strong supporter of an Indian English fiction scene that actually takes itself seriously. Having lived in Delhi and Mumbai for extended periods, he’s now plotting away in Goa.
Book 2: Maya’s New Husband (by Neil D’Silva)
Neil D’Silva is best-known as the creator of Maya’s New Husband, a book that he admittedly wrote only in the daytime. He followed it up with two short story collections: The Evil Eye and the Charm and Bound in Love. His stories have appeared in anthologies by Wrimo India and Readomania, and regularly feature on his blog at NeilDSilva.com. His writing has worked for him to such an extent that he is soon giving up his two-decade long teaching career to pursue his love for it. He is the founder-admin of For Writers By Authors, a Facebook community of 9000 writers, authors, and literature enthusiasts. Using this platform, he spearheaded the litfest Litventure in Mumbai. He is also the co-founder of the editing company, Pen Paper Coffee.
Book 3: I See You (by Aindrila Roy)
The writing bug bit Aindrila Roy at the tender age of eleven and she has been scratching that itch ever since. She likes to mix fantasy and horror and create a blend of dark fantasy with complicated, twisted characters. She is also a fairly adept romance writer and enjoys writing children’s books as well.
When not writing, she can be seen nursing, fighting, running, building Lego tunnels and hospitals, and driving toy school buses- all for her three and a half year old. And in the odd chance that she finds a moment free, she likes to read. An erstwhile voracious reader, she is now perpetually yearning to read more.
She is also a paleontology lover and can be seen going on long monologues about prehistoric creatures that have been extinct for millions of years.
Book 4: The Puppeteers of Palem (by Sharath Komarraju)
Sharath Komarraju is an author of fiction and nonfiction based in Bangalore, India. Once a software engineer, now he writes professionally, and on lazy days he watches cricket and talks to his wife (often at the same time). His most well-known work is the ‘Hastinapur’ series, in which he tells the story of the Mahabharata from the point of view of the epic’s lesser known female characters.
How does the giveaway work?
- There are five book bundles up for grabs. Each bundle contains each of the above four books.
- In order to throw your name into the hat, leave a comment under this post.
- In your comment, EITHER tell us about your personal favourite horror memory (real, imagined, something you dreamed of, anything that chills you to the bone), OR you can ask any of our featured authors a question about their works.
- There are no bad questions. Treat this as a panel where you’re meeting the authors in person; we’ll answer all the questions that come in.
- We will randomly select five out of all the comments that we get and announce them as winners.
- You can leave a maximum of two comments. We will count both comments as entries, meaning that your chances of winning will increase if you leave two comments instead of one.
- When you click on ‘Leave a comment’ below, you will be prompted in a separate field to enter your email address. Please enter a valid email address here, because all winners will be contacted on the email address they leave behind. Note: Please don’t enter your email address as part of your comment, because then it will be publicly visible to everyone.
When does the giveaway end?
The last date for your comment is Monday, 29th February, 2016. Any comment that we receive after that will not be counted toward the giveaway.
When are the winners announced?
Winners will be announced on or by Monday, 07th March, 2016. They will be announced as a comment to this blog post, so please keep a tab on it. Winners will also be contacted via the email they leave behind when they enter the comment. Please, therefore, make sure it is an email that you check regularly.
What is the purpose of the giveaway?
The main purpose of the giveaway is to allow authors and readers a platform to converse about the topic they like: in this case, fear. So whether you leave a comment about your fears or whether you ask a direct question, expect one (or more) of our featured authors to respond. We hope this will be a great way to bridge the gap between us and you. More than anything it’s the conversation and discussion that these events throw up that make them worth the time. We hope you enjoy it.
Tell your friends
If you have friends who enjoy horror fiction, tell them about this. Sharing is caring, don’t you know? See you all in the comments section!