It is a collection of nine stories, all of them centered around questions of one kind or the other.
- How happy would you be in a marriage arranged for you by a machine? (Arranged Marriage)
- What can you hope to find in a childhood home gathering dust? (Carnival at Big House)
- Where does our love for music come from? (Envy)
- Why would you want your sister to jump off a height? (Jump, Didi!)
- How just is justice, really? (Justice)
- What if books were nothing more than diabolical instruments out to capture your soul? (Book House)
- What happens when a science project goes wrong? (Science Project)
- How does one measure the depth of a loved one’s loyalty? (The Disloyal Son)
- What if you ran into a slightly more aged version of yourself? (The Music Shop)
I wrote these over a few years, in jumps and starts. As many as nine of them have been published here or there, but this is the first time they’re appearing together in one volume. I hope you have fun with them.
…that this is a Kindle-only release. This means that you will need either a Kindle or a Kindle app on your device to be able to be able to read the book. If you haven’t tried the Kindle app yet, I can speak from experience that it’s the most convenient thing in the world to install and run on any device – be it a laptop, a smart phone or a tablet. I am a physical book lover myself, but it’s been a few months now where I do most of my reading on the Kindle app.
It’s quite good, so if you haven’t tried it yet, please do so.
For the next three days, I’m giving away three things to every person who leaves a comment to this post:
- A flat 50% discount on the book. This means that you will pay just 49 rupees for it.
- Two bonus stories that have not made it into this collection.
- A PDF copy of The 7-Hour Short Story, a guide to write any short story in no more than seven hours.
So if the book sounds interesting and you’d like to throw your name into the hat, follow these steps:
- Leave a comment to this post. This is so that I can differentiate you from other purchasers who will buy the book at the same time.
- Buy the book at its current full price – 99 rupees.
- Send the order screenshot to my email: email@example.com.
- I will reply with your discount card (which you can apply to your account for future purchases), your two bonus stories and your short story guide.
- Note that every person who sends me an order screenshot within the next three days will get the goodies. No lucky draws, no uncertainties.
The best part?
I won’t hound you for reviews. Read the book. If you like it enough to leave a review, do it. Otherwise, don’t. No pressure. If you do decide to review it, though, be honest and frank. I won’t like you more if you praise my book to the skies, nor will I hate your guts if you trash it.
This giveaway ends at midnight on Friday, 29th May, 2015.
So come! And bring your friends as well.