Hey guys! If you remember, a couple of weeks ago I set up a giveaway here on my blog where I put up seven good mystery novels up for grabs. If you missed the original post, it’s too late to enter, but there will be more like it in the future, so have a look at it here.
There is no complex algorithm that goes into picking the winners for these giveaways (unlike the writing contests, where there is an algorithm, somewhere hidden in my head). I pick out seven random numbers and choose whichever comment each number is pointing to.
There were thirty one entries in all, which is a good turnout, I think. I would have been happy with anything more than seven.
So here are the winners:
1. Soumini, whose favourite detectives are Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot. She asked for The Page 3 Murders in case she won.
2. Manjula Moorthy. She mentioned Holmes and Feluda. Her choice of book is Lethal Spice.
3. Harsha Balur, who mentioned both the original Holmes and the recent TV version. He asked for Murder in Amaravati.
4. Muktikand Garimella. Apart from Holmes, his favourites are Lisbeth Salander and John Rain. He did not mention which book he wanted, so I’m guessing any book will do for him. (Muktikant, if you have a preference, let me know, either by emailing me or by leaving a comment here.)
5. Geeta Nair, with another vote for Sherlock Holmes. She wants Dead in a Mumbai Minute.
6. Kalpak Bhinde, who wanted Cult of Chaos so badly that he left three comments on the giveaway. Your commitment has paid off, my man.
7. Rhea’s favourite detective is Kate Beckett from the TV series Castle. Her choice of book was Murder in Amaravati.
Congratulations to all the winners, and those of you who haven’t won, please don’t feel bad. There will always be another giveaway around the corner. And yes, Contest 16 will be out very soon, most likely today, so there will be much to do.
See you soon!